Thursday 27 June 2013

R.I.P Chris

A sobering morning...........
I've just got back from the funeral of a man who died way ahead of his time. My hairdresser, Chris, had been battling stomach cancer for over six years and in a way it was a miracle he lived as long as he did. The cancer never really went away, it was just managed with chemotherapy and Chris also went to Hungary to receive an alternative treatment made from Misteltoe. Extracts from the plant are thought to fight cancer cells and Chris's family believe the injections he received helped prolong his life and improve its quality.
He was a truly lovely man - kind, gentle, witty - he cut all my children's hair too, so beautifully, and we are all feeling so sad. He worked, probably too hard, throughout his fight, a soldier through and through.
As a friend of him said in his eulogy: "Chris may have been small in stature, but his personality was like a lion. Courageous, self-deprecating and humble."
He was a special, special man and his battle makes me realize how my dear mother (who tragically passed away herself a couple of years ago in difficult circumstances) had an ending which we all, if we had a choice, would prefer:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jan/26/life-support-off-after-mothers-stroke

Chris, I can hear your voice in my head, constantly, and you will be forever in my heart.
I wish your two lovely young daughters a long life.
Rest in Peace.
x

Click on the link below to return to Jo's website:
www.jokessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment